Frequently Asked Questions
Links to answers about comic-book circulation history
UNDERSTANDING THE SALES CHARTS
• When did distributors begin reporting indexed sales rankings?
• What is included in the numbers being reported?
• What is not included in the numbers being reported?
• When did circulation figures first appear in comics?
• What does the law require publishers to print, and why does the government require it?
• How valid and reliable is the information found in Statements of Ownership?
This section will be expanding soon; check back for updates.
Also look to our Vital Statistics section for charts, graphs, and notes about record-setting comics.